Drum Sign System
What is this?
A method to create drum patterns in real-time by simple signs.
What do I need?
- More than one drums
- Define signs in drums, and corresponding performances in drums.
- Someone gives a sign.
- Everyone plays the corresponding performance together.
- Change the person who gives a sign.
- Repeat steps 2-4.
In this video, correspondences between a sign and a performance are defined as below.
|Hi-hat||A point (figure in mind)|
|Snare||A line (figure in mind)|
|Cymbal||Filling (figure in mind)|
|Rimshot||Splattering (figure in mind)|
- Narrow intervals between signs and performances.
- It can move the central position of the sound, by changing the person who gives a sign.
- The sound becomes seamless, by using drums not only for performances but also for signs.
- When we made another conductor give a sign, the sound was fixed to the central position, and was boring.
- When we increased the count of signs about 10, players could not sufficiently respond.