Moire Pattern Drums
What is this?
A method to create drum patterns by auditory illusions like moire effects.
What do I need?
- More than two hi-hats or drum machines
- Each player composes each patterns.
- Everyone plays their patterns together.
- When new pattern is heard by auditory illusions, someone shifts to simulate it.
- The rest of players shift to their next patterns.
- Repeat steps 3-4.
- Play flat without attack sounds as possible.
- It is a new style of drum patterns neither by rhythm nor by phrases.
- The sound can be created by not the linear direction but the planar expanse.
- The sound is heard differently depend on the position or environment of audiences.
- The piece becomes too long, because an auditory illusion takes much time to appear.